Pin This

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yummy Chicken

 How many of us have bags of chips in the pantry that no one wants to eat for fear that they have gone stale?

With the way the economy is recently it's been hard for me to spend money on "convenience" foods. It is also hard for me to see food go to waste. The other day I was looking through my pantry and noticed I had 4-5 half eaten bags of chips, different flavors, potato chips, corn chips, flavored chips... again I hate to see these go to waste and I didn't feel like tossing them out to feed the ducks so  I got a wild idea Chicken strips and Potato Logs.

Chicken
I zapped the chips in a food processor, to make powder, pour in a bowl in a separate bowl mix a couple (2) eggs and 1/2 C milk.  Slice 4 Chicken Breasts into strips, dip them in the egg mixture then into the chip crumbs. Put a small amount (1tbsp) of oil in the bottom of a frying pan, and cook till golden brown. I did mine in batches because they don't all fit in the pan at the same time - I heated the oven to 350 and kept them in the oven to keep them warm. Note that the chips have some oil in them so sticking was not a problem. I'm also sure if you didn't want to fry them you could bake them @ 350 till golden brown. 

Potato Logs
Chop up the potatoes(small ones) into small logs, rinse, drain, put chopped potatoes into the crushed chips and toss. Bake @ 350 till potatoes are done. I sprinkled them with a little mozzarella and melted it. Then served it with some sour cream. 

I have a family of 6 and this fed us with plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day - much cheaper than going to McDonald's for chicken nuggets and fries - they warm up nicely. Also a great replacement for Shake n bake. 

Easy and re-purposed. 
Have fun Cookin' 
Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...