Pin This

Friday, January 27, 2012

Coconut Chicken

Ever have one of those days where 101 recipes come mind but none of them sound good?  That happened tonight - so I turned to my computer and Pinterest - I typed in "chicken" and perused through the pictures looking for something different. This recipe caught my eye because, I love Coconut Shrimp. I seldom get to indulge in them due to the persnickety eaters that reside in my home. So I thought  I'd give Coconut Chicken a shot.
Ok so this is not the best picture - the link has much better pictures - I think it's finally time to invest in a new camera. 

1st the text message to all family member to make sure the majority will eat coconut. 
COOL!
all but 1 - she can have something else. 
Next - do I have all the ingredients. 
SCORE! 
Ok so I didn't have the Sweet Chili sauce but as one person commented on her blog - I had Agave & Sambal Oelek this was wonderful. Something I might try the next time I make this, (and I will) will be some Orange Marmalade with some Sambal Oelek.   Anyone wondering what this Sambal Oelek is - it is found in the Asian foods section of your local grocer. it is a chili pepper based sauce, but warning - a little bit goes a long, long way.

This was a big hit with my family, I think Andrew went back for 3rds. Might have to make these for the Superbowl.... Give it a try, let me know what you think. 

Have fun Cookin'
Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...