Pin This

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mediterranean Chicken


So I really need to get a grip on my day to day aspects, so I can blog more than once a month... Sorry all.

So the other day while shopping, saw this new product and it sounded intriguing, Swanson’s ® Flavor boost – 100% natural concentrated broth - and I had a coupon so I thought I’d give it a try. I took the recipe on the back of the box and tweaked it Cyndi style – I hope you’ll like it. I sure did…

Mediterranean Chicken


2 tablespoons olive oil 
1 tablespoon butter
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces 
1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 2 1/4 cups) 
1 clove garlic, minced – I used the bottled pre minced – It’s easier
1 pint grape tomatoes (about 2 1/2 cups) 
3 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup) 
1 small green peppers
2 tablespoons fresh basil – thinly sliced
3 packets Swanson® Flavor Boost™ Concentrated Chicken Broth 
2 tablespoons water 
Salt and Pepper to taste
Feta cheese
Rigatoni pasta

Prepare pasta to package directions – drain and set aside.

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet (I like my cast iron) over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring often.  Remove the chicken from the skillet.

Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat.  Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.

Add the garlic, tomatoes, peppers and onions to the skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute.  Return the chicken to the skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste , stir in 1 tablespoon of basil.  Stir in the Flavor Boost and water; toss with pasta. Serve; topped with feta and remaining basil.

I served this to my family with bread sticks, a very healthy dish; I can picture this with chopped zucchini and maybe some olives also.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Have fun cookin’
Cyndi




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...