Pin This

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Goulash

As a child, when it came to dinner, my mom had a knack of making a feast, from very little. This came from wondering each week, where the paycheck would come from and if there would be enough for the bills and groceries.

We always had a garden and when space did not allow, we were always welcome to Grandma's surplus, from her 1/2 acre garden. Tomatoes were always in abundance. I remember Mom making homemade Ketchup/Catsup/Katchup.... (however you spell it (Blech) it was not my favorite), she bottled salsa, whole tomatoes, and my favorite, was always....Stewed tomatoes.

Comfort food, is food I remember mom making, that no matter what I was doing, I'd change plans to be home for this. This dish is so very simple and very cost effective, great for those on a budget, and healthy (sorta).

Goulash

1 lb Ground beef
1 box of Mac & Cheese
1 Quart of Stewed Tomatoes 

Brown & Drain the Ground beef (I rinse my now to remove the grease) and return it to the pan. Boil & Drain the macaroni and add to the ground beef. Add the tomatoes and the cheese packet from the Mac & Cheese and stir until the cheese lumps are smooth.... You could use the Velveeta kind too just stir till creamy.

Sorry I don't have a pictures, It never lasts long enough to take one.

If you don't have home canned stewed tomatoes you can always use store bought ones, you'll just need 32 oz ish.... you can add more, if you like them.... this is a very forgiving recipe. We like to top ours with shredded Colby Jack cheese.

Super simple and very tasty!
Have fun cookin'
Cyndi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...