Pin This

Saturday, June 4, 2011

One of my favorite Salads/Dessert

Ok so graduation is over, next week is camp for Melissa, next weekend is the garage sale, what was I thinking when I thought that things would slow down in the summertime. Anyone have suggestions on how to put the brakes on? I feel like I'm on the fast track to old age, I want to be on the slow track!!!

Anyway I figured since summer time is the time for BBQ's, Pot Lucks, and gatherings in general, I'd share a recipe that is great to take to these gatherings. I'm not sure how to classifiy this - Jell-O Salad or as a Dessert because of how much I love this recipe. As an experienced of a cook that I am - I struggle with making Jell-O. I have learned that you have to have patience and let things cool between steps. This is not a fix 10 minutes before you have to leave.

I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do.




Raspberry Pretzel Jell-O Salad

Pretzel crust:
1 1/2 C crushed pretzels
1/2 C sugar
1 cube (1/2 C) butter, melted
Mix and press into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Let cool.
Cream:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip
Blend together. Spread on top of pretzel crust. Refrigerate until cool.
Jell-O:
6 oz. Raspberry Jell-O
2 C boiling water
2 C fresh or 1 bag unsweetened raspberries
Dissolve Jell-O in water. Add raspberries, stir. Pour over cream mixture. Refrigerate until set.

Now some alterations - I have a family member with Celiac - and we have made this with Gluten free Pretzles and you really can't taste the difference. Also if you are not a Raspberry fan, you can change this up and make it with Strawberries, Blueberries, and I have seen it at Thanksgiving with Cranberries, just change your fruit and Jell-O.

Have fun cookin'
Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...