Pin This

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Blueberry Muffins

Last weekend while shopping at our local Winco the had a super buy on Blueberries, I used them in one of my competition dishes that I will share later... ;) but the left overs were just screaming MUFFINS!


I searched what cookbooks I had, due to my computer being down. and found this recipe that I tweaked due to the fact that I didn't have all the ingredients and it was 6:00 in the morning and I wasn't going to run to the store. 

Blueberry Muffins

2 eggs
1 C milk
2/3 C oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon rind - (didn't have - used and Orange) - zested
2 2/3 C flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C blueberries

Vanilla Sugar

Whip eggs, milk, oil and vanilla together. Add "citrus" zest. Add flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 C sugar. Mix well and add blueberries (fresh is nice but frozen will work also). Spray your muffin tin (I like to use liners also)  Spoon it to the muffin tin, top with Vanilla sugar or Raw sugar and bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes till golden brown.

I have some left over berries this morning, I think a batch of  mixed berry muffins may be in order for this morning ... I'll let you know how they turn out. :) 

In the mean time.... 
Have fun cookin'
Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...